We look forward to welcoming you to Edinburgh. We’ve included a few links below to help you plan your travel and accommodation.
Getting to Edinburgh
• Convention Edinburgh’s travel overview
Edinburgh Waverley train station (the closest to the two venues) is circled on the map featured on page 2 of this document.
Getting to the conference venues
• National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EW
• School of Scottish Studies Archives, University of Edinburgh, 29 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9LH
They are both in central Edinburgh within walking distance of Edinburgh Waverley train station and Edinburgh bus station. Please note that Edinburgh is a very hilly city; it is an uphill walk from these transport hubs to the venues.
Walking between the School of Scottish Studies Archives and the National Library of Scotland on the Saturday morning should take around 10 minutes – 8 minutes’ walk apart according to this Google map (also shown below).
Places to stay
• Guest Houses
• Budget hotels and hostels
• Additional hotels: (Premier Inns, Travelodges, University hotel)
If you have any specific questions you’d like to ask a local, feel free to contact Amy McDonald (Connecting Scotland’s Sounds) on firstname.lastname@example.org or Cathlin Macaulay (School of Scottish Studies) on email@example.com.
Walking from the School of Scottish Studies (29 George Square) at the University of Edinburgh to the National Library of Scotland (George IV Bridge):